Confidence Building For Pugh And Offense
Auburn, Ala.--When you look at the numbers you can get a little disoriented with what the Auburn Tigers are doing in 2009. Through two games the Tigers have 1,145 yards of total offense with 691 yards coming on the ground. That was punctuated Saturday night with a dominating performance in a 49-24 victory over Mississippi State to improve to 2-0 on the season. In the win Auburn gained 390 yards on the ground with both Ben Tate (157) and Onterio McCalebb (114) both going over the 100-yard mark for the second consecutive game. Throw in 75 from Mario Fannin and 32 from Kodi Burns, including three rushing touchdowns, and you have a complete ground attack the likes of which hasn't been seen around Auburn in quite a while. Burns gave all the credit in the postgame to the offensive line...
1,181 Fans online
- Inside the Numbers - Rushing Records under Malzahn
- Monday Auburn Football Notes (7th Update)
- Arkansas Postgame Numbers & Thoughts
- Inside the Numbers - Malzahn Perspective
- Monday Football and Basketball Tiger Tidbits